India’s top selling two-wheelers in January 2022
While Hero Splendor became the best-selling bike in India last month, Honda Activa took second place in overall sales.
India’s two-wheeler industry plunged in the month of January 2022. While sales of battery-powered two-wheelers saw significant growth last month, traditional scooters and bicycles saw weak sales. In terms of best-selling two-wheelers, Hero Splendor managed to stay on top, followed by Honda Activa in second place.
Here is a detailed list of the top performing two-wheelers in India in January 2022.
- Hero Splendor: It has been a top seller for quite a long time now and for January 2022, Splendor has once again become the top selling two-wheeler in India. Hero MotoCorp recorded sales of 2,08,263 units of Splendor last month, however, this is still 7.6% less compared to its sales performance in the corresponding period of the previous year. Previously, Hero sold 2,25,382 units in January 2021.
- Honda Activa: Last month, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter (HMSI) managed to record sales of 1,43,234 units, 32.3% less than Activa sales in January 2021 when the company sold 2,11,660 units. However, Activa retains its dominance in the segment.
- Honda CB Shine: After Activa, HMSI places its Shine range in last month’s best seller list. The company recorded sales of 1,05,159 bikes in the Shine range last month, compared to 1,16,222 units sold in the corresponding month a year ago. This is a decline of almost 9.5% in terms of annual performance.
- Hero HF Deluxe: Hero MotoCorp’s HF Deluxe managed to grab the fourth position with 85,926 sales just behind CB Shine. However, it saw a huge dip from last year’s performance as the company sold 1,34,860 units of HF Deluxe in January 2021.
- Bajaj Pulsar: Bajaj Auto managed to sell 66,839 units of Pulsar bikes last month. However, there was a similar downward trend even in the case of Pulsar bikes as previously the Pune-based bike maker sold 97,580 units of Pulsars.
Other top-selling two-wheelers on the list include Bajaj Platina, TVS Jupiter, Suzuki Access, TVS XL100 and Honda Dio.
Date of first publication: 18 Feb 2022, 3:36 PM IST